In January 2020 we launched the FNF Academy intending to maximise the influence of our expert alumni community in research, policy and to enable the growth of nursing and midwifery leadership. We are creating platforms for them to consult, inform, drive and improve services through their unique knowledge and leadership acumen. Increasingly we are becoming known as an organisation that provides thought leadership on the issues that are critical to nurses and midwives and an organisation that elevates the nursing and midwifery voice to have major influence and impact.
We are now thrilled to extend our network through the offer of membership of the FNF Academy to Chief Nurses, Directors of Nursing/Midwifery and Executive Directors of Nursing. We aim to address the current unmet needs of the most senior nurses and midwives and provide personal support, networking, policy engagement and influencing opportunities. Additional benefits are also available to all nurses and midwives in the organisation.
Why become a member?
The Florence Nightingale Foundation scholarships offer an exclusive and competitive opportunity for leadership development, but this is only available to the few. Membership of the Florence Nightingale Foundation academy will enable the benefits of our community to become available to the many. Nurses and midwives within your organisation will join our network to influence and have an impact in their area of expertise.
Who will be the member?
The member will be the most senior nurse or midwife in your organisation, but the benefits will be available to all nurses and midwives in the organisation.
What are the benefits?
- Free virtual group coaching
- Early bird notification of leadership programmes and scholarship
- Support in writing successful FNF applications
- Waiver of employer contribution (£1,000) for successful Scholar applicants
- Use of FNF Academy membership branding
- Co-branding of your internal leadership programmes (subject to an approval process)
- Opportunity to publicise your local events and achievements through our communication channels and website
- Networking events
- Webinar programme
- Membership of an online community
- Contribution to national policy consultation/forums
- Invitation to media engagement events to provide informed opinion, knowledge exchange and case studies
- VIP tickets to the annual Florence Nightingale Commemoration Service at Westminster Abbey
- Invitation to all FNF special events throughout the annual calendar
How will I influence the work of the FNF Academy?
As members, you will have the opportunity to become part of the Advisory Group who will communicate regularly with all members. The Advisory Group will set the FNF Academy agenda and priorities including leadership development and policy issues critical to nursing and midwifery.
How will I keep up to date with what is happening?
We will provide statements to inform you which benefits have been utilised by your organisation. We will also communicate with you regularly through an e-bulletin.
How much does it cost?
Our membership fee is dependent on the number of nurses and midwives employed or studying in your organisation.
A membership fee shall be payable in April each year. In 2020/21 this will be a pro-rata fee. The amount will be reviewed annually by the Foundation. The membership fee is based on tiered membership, banded according to numbers of Registered Nurses and Midwives or students in each organisation.
- Level 1 – Single organisation = £1,000 (up to 1,000 nurses and midwives)
- Level 2 – Single organisation = £3,000 (1,000 to 3,000 nurses and midwives)
- Level 3 – Single organisation = £5,000 (more than 3,000 nurses and midwives)
Level 1 Level 2 Level 3 Annual Fee £1,000 £3,000 £5,000 All Nurses and Midwives FNF Communities Membership ✓ ✓ ✓ Scholarships How to Write a Successful Leadership Scholarship Application Workshop (number of places) 4 10 20 Leadership Scholarship Early Bird Notification ✓ ✓ ✓ Waiver of Scholarship Employer Contribution ✓ ✓ ✓ Leadership Programmes Nightingale Frontline (number of places) 6 12 18 Leadership Programme Early Bird Notification ✓ ✓ ✓ Local Leadership Programme Co-branding ✓ “Senior Nurse” Personal Development Virtual Networking Events – all UK Countries ✓ ✓ ✓ Quarterly Educational Programme ✓ ✓ ✓ Media Engagement Events ✓ ✓ ✓ FNF Academy Advisory Group ✓ ✓ ✓ Special Events VIP tickets to Florence Nightingale Commemoration Service, Westminster Abbey (number of tickets) 2 6 10
We also welcome Integrated Health and Care System (ICS) organisations as members. For ICSs larger than stated below, please contact us to talk through benefits and pricing structure by emailing [email protected].
- Level 1 5,000 – 10,000 nurses = £10,000
- Level 2 10,000 – 20,000 nurses = £20,000
- Level 3 20,000 – 30,000 nurses = £30,000
Level 1 Level 2 Level 3 Annual Fee for ICS £10,000 £20,000 £30,000 All Nurses and Midwives FNF Communities Membership ✓ ✓ ✓ Scholarships How to Write a Successful Leadership Scholarship Application Workshop (number of places) 4 10 20 Leadership Scholarship Early Bird Notification ✓ ✓ ✓ Waiver of Scholarship Employer Contribution 2 4 6 Leadership Programmes Nightingale Frontline (number of places) 40 80 120 Leadership Programme Early Bird Notification ✓ ✓ ✓ Local Leadership Programme Co-branding ✓ “Senior Nurse” Personal Development Virtual Networking Events – all UK Countries ✓ ✓ ✓ Quarterly Educational Programme ✓ ✓ ✓ Media Engagement Events ✓ ✓ ✓ FNF Academy Advisory Group ✓ ✓ ✓ Special Events VIP tickets to Florence Nightingale Commemoration Service, Westminster Abbey (number of tickets) 2 6 10
I would like to become a member, what do I do next?
If you would like to express your interest in becoming a member of the FNF Academy please complete this form.
What are the upcoming member events?
Please contact us to become a member and access these events.
- Virtual Tour of Florence Nightingale Museum – Ongoing
- An audience with Professor Brendan McCormack – 2nd December, 6:00 – 7:00pm
- Webinar: A focus on “Developing Political Acumen and Gaining Influence” with Professor Jacqui Reilly – 3rd December, 09:30 – 10:30am
- Members & Alumni Virtual Networking Event – 9 December, 6:00 – 7:30pm
- Digital Knowledge Tools for Nursing – Nursing Skills & Education by Elsevier – 10th December, 10:30 – 11:15am
- An audience with Wendy Nicholson MBE – 14th January 2021, 01:30 – 3:30pm
- Digital Knowledge Tools for Nursing by Elsevier Skateboard or Ferrari? Values & Drivers – 19th January 2021, 12:00PM – 1:30PM
- An audience with Carol Kefford – 22nd January 2021, 09:00 – 10:00am
- Digital Knowledge Tools for Nursing – Research & Education by Elsevier – 29th January 2021, 2:00-2:45pm
- Digital Knowledge Tools for Nursing – Enhancing Patient Care & Improving outcomes by Elsevier – 26th February 2021, 10:30-11:15am
- Webinar: Florence Nightingale at Home Overview by Professor Paul Crawford – 3rd March 2021, 09:30AM – 10:30AM
- How to lead change in social care in the UK & overseas with Sharon Blackburn CBE, 4th March 2021, 10:00AM – 11:00AM
- General Publishing Workshop by Elsevier – 9th March 2021, 09:00AM – 10:30AM
- Preparing your Manuscript and Getting your Paper Noticed by Elsevier, 16th March 2021, 09:00AM – 10:30AM
- How to review: a step-by-step guide by Elsevier, 23rd March 2021, 09:00AM – 10:30AM
More events coming soon…
Please Note: International membership is not currently available, but is planned for 2021/2022.
"Membership of the FNF Academy is a fantastic opportunity to be grasped by the profession. Through development, networking and collaboration, it offers a unique platform for nurses and midwives to elevate their voice and have influence within and beyond their own organisations."
Dr Gemma Stacey
Director of Academy, FNF
"I am delighted to announce we have extended the membership of our FNF Academy to all Chief Nurses/Directors of Nursing/ Executive Nurse Directors in all health and care organisations in the UK. The membership benefits are available to not only you as the most senior nurse but also to all nurses and midwives in your organisation. This is an exciting moment for the Foundation. In Florence’s bicentenary, we are continuing her legacy today."
Professor Greta Westwood
“We are excited to be a part of the Florence Nightingale Foundation Academy unifying the voice of nursing. This is a great opportunity to influence the profession of nursing, move nursing agendas forward and develop strong and confident leaders for the future.”
Deborah Small, RN DNP NE-BC
FNF Academy Member & Chief Nursing Officer Cleveland Clinic London