East of England BAME Leadership Programme
The Florence Nightingale Foundation is pleased to partner with Health Education England in the East of England to provide a leadership development opportunity for BAME nurses and midwives at band 5/6 working across the region.
This bespoke programme is intended to enhance the ability of the participants to successfully influence within their role and transfer their learning to contexts which require them to exercise their authority. The programme will enable participants to explore, define and develop their unique approach to leadership.
Module 1: Personality preferences and performance in Teams – Develop the cohort learning community and gain an introduction to the impact of self on others through Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) assessment and exercises.
Module 2: Introduction to Improvement – Introduction to quality improvement to support you in developing an improvement project which will need to be completed as an outcome of this programme.
Module 3: Developing Presence and Impact – Working with the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts to develop your confidence and communication skills as a leader.
Module 4: Building your Authority (2 day) – Improved personal awareness, influence and capabilities to deal with the challenges and demands of a leadership role. Develop your own personal approach to leadership by exploring values, biases, blind spots, and attitude to diversity. Confidence to tackle real workplace issues, reflecting what is needed in the clinical setting to promote safe, high-performing, and continuous improvement.
Module 5: Final Day – To identify the next steps in your leadership journey.
Celebration Ceremony – To celebrate the success of the Florence Nightingale Foundation healthcare participants at the end of the programme.
- Applications open – 31 Aug
- Applications close – 29 Sept
- Shortlisting – Week commencing 4 Oct
- Applicants notified – No later than the 19 Oct
- Personality preferences and performance in Teams – 4 Nov (Online)
- Quality Improvement – 8 Nov (Online)
- Developing Presence and Impact: 29 Nov (Face to Face)
- Building your Authority: 25 and 26 Jan 22 (Online)
- Final Day/Next Steps: 9 Mar 22 (Online)
- Quality Improvement Project Submission: 29 Mar 22
- Celebration Event: 26 Apr 22 (Online)
Benefits for You
- Clearer identification of your personal leadership style
- Greater self-presence and personal impact
- Deeper understanding of the impact of yourself on others
- Improved confidence in speaking up
- Renewed self-reliance to tackle real workplace issues
- Greater awareness of personal approach to leadership – biases, blind spots, attitude to diversity
- Professional development and career progression
- Ability to lead with greater presence
Benefits for Employer
- Retention of staff – Florence Nightingale Foundation nurses and midwives remain in healthcare enabling staff retention
- Positive and empowering impact on team working and staff engagement
- Succession planning with increased numbers of ethnic minority leaders in the pipeline
- Enhanced reputation of employing organisation
- Individuals must be able to attend all dates of the programme.
- Must be a registered Nurse or Midwife from a BAME background and be equivalent of a Band 5/6.
- Must be working within the East of England region and provide NHS funded care.
|Applicants are required to complete the application fully and upload:
Please note before application: