Research Scholarships - Criteria
Criteria for Applications
- Applicants must have had at least one year post-registration professional experience and have current links in practice.
- The Foundation cannot pay for replacement staff costs or for study leave while the scholar is undertaking the study, nor can a scholarship be awarded retrospectively.
- The selection process takes place in late June/early July 2017 for scholars undertaking their course or period of research during the 2017/18 academic year, commencing September 2017.
- The Foundation has 3 types of Research Scholarships available. These are for nurses and midwives to undertake:-
- A course in research methods or an evidence based practice module within an academic programme.
- A piece of clinical practice research within an academic programme that targets improvements in patient care.
- Research at Doctoral or Post-Doctoral level (with academic supervision or support) which can demonstrate direct benefit to patient care.
Expectations on award of all the Foundation’s Research scholarships
- To submit an Interim Report of 1000 words to the Foundation 6 months from award of the scholarship
- To submit a full Final Report to the Foundation and sponsor on completion of the scholarship which should be completed within one calendar year after award of scholarship
- To publish an article in a professional journal arising from the scholarship within 12 months of completion
- To present at conferences, seminars, etc. on the learning from the scholarship
- To participate in scholarship evaluations
- All papers or publications must credit the Foundation and the Sponsor
How to Apply
Click here for info on how to apply